Das folgende Dokument enthält wichtige Informationen zur Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST). In diesem Moment ist dieses Dokument nur im Englischen vorhanden. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.
Sellers with Buyers in Australia
The Australian government imposes a 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST) on transactions where the Buyer is located in Australia and the Seller is located outside the country. Shortly after July 1, 2018, all orders that meet this criteria will have a 10% tax added to the order, paid for by the Buyer. The tax is added to the total of the cost of the goods plus shipping.
In short, the Buyer is charged 10% on the purchase price plus shipping, Seller is invoiced for that amount.
Sellers shipping from Australia
Sellers that ship from Australia will be charged a 10% tax on the 8% seller fee owed to Discogs. This charge will appear on the Seller’s monthly invoice.
- The 10% tax will be added to the value of the order and paid for by the Buyer. For example, if the item value + shipping totals $40, then a $4 tax will be added and the Buyer will pay $44.
- The Seller’s monthly invoice will include a GST line item and Discogs will invoice for the total GST amount that was collected from the Buyer on applicable orders.
- The 8% Discogs Marketplace Seller fee is only assessed on the item amount. Discogs does not include taxes and shipping when assessing the fee.
Note: If using PayPal, the PayPal fee will be calculated on the total amount of the order meaning it is inclusive of GST. You can choose to recoup this amount by raising your stated shipping costs. This can be done by updating your seller terms and / or automatic shipping policies.
Australian Business Number (ABN) Verification
Sellers can become exempt from GST charges on sales fees as well as on transactions where they are purchasing goods from a non-Australian Seller.
If you are an Australian business with a registered ABN, enter that information in the corresponding field of your Seller Settings and check "I am registered for GST". You will then be exempt in the Discogs Marketplace from GST rules.
- Sellers will not have to pay GST on purchases when buying from a foreign seller
- Sellers will not be charged GST on their Discogs monthly invoice fee
When filling out the customs form to ship to Australia, Sellers are required to include specific information as follows:
- The Australian Business Number (ABN) for Discogs (Zink Media, LLC): 3000 1365 2135
- Optional: The ABN of the recipient, if disclosed to you
- The extent to which the supply was treated as a taxable supply. For example:
- 10% GST has been imposed
- 10% GST was not imposed, to be added at the border
Example of what you could add to the customs form in a description field:
- Supplier ABN: 3000 1365 2135
- GST imposed
Orders over $1,000 AUD
Orders over $1,000 AUD are taxed outside of Discogs and are not subject to taxation within the Discogs Marketplace. You should still enter the required customs information.
Sellers Using the PayPal Tax Tool
Discogs will assess the tax on all eligible orders. If you have set up a tax for Australian buyers, it will be overridden such that no tax will be assessed by PayPal. This is done to ensure you do not double tax your buyer from both Discogs and Paypal.
Australian Buyers will pay a 10% tax on all orders made through a Seller located in another country. Please note, the tax does not apply on orders where both Buyer and Seller are located in Australia.
Discogs supplies to the Buyer the following information each time an order is made where GST is collected:
- The supplier's name for GST purposes (Zink Media LLC)
- GST registration number: 3000 1365 2135
- The date of issue
- A description of the order, including the quantity (if applicable) and the price
- The amount of GST payable and the GST-inclusive price
- Information that identifies whether GST was charged on the goods
Orders over $1,000 AUD
Australian buyers will be charged a 10% GST at the border on orders over $1,000 AUD. This is likely collected by the freight carrier when making delivery to the Buyer. On orders of this size, this tax is NOT charged by Discogs at the time of transaction.