(effective March 07, 2018)
Important: Participation in the Discogs Payments program is available only in certain markets. If you don't notice this on your seller settings page, your account is not eligible to enroll. We hope to offer this to a wider audience of sellers in the very near future!
At this time, Payments is only available for US-based buyers making payments to US-based sellers.
For additional information on program eligibility, processing fees, payout schedule, payment methods and disputes and refunds, please view our Payments Policy.
You may also visit the Discogs Payments page at https://www.discogs.com/payments.
Setting Up Your Discogs Payments Account
- Login to your Discogs account.
- Go to the Payment Methods section at https://www.discogs.com/settings/seller/#seller-payment-form.
- Find Discogs Payments and click Setup Payments
- On the first step, tell us whether or not you use a social security number or an Employer Identification Number for tax purposes.
- Fill out identification information for a qualified individual. If you are using an EIN number for tax purposes, under Owner Details, provide information for an individual that is a signatory for company finances such as the Owner, Executive, Chairman or Board Member. If you are using our SSN for tax purposes, enter personal details for yourself.
- Fill out Banking Information. Enter your account and routing number information and verify that the address you have on file with your bank is correct.
- Review your settings and Submit. Click Done Review the details you entered and click Submit once you are ready to complete signup for Discogs Payments. Your application is automatically reviewed and your buyers will have the option to checkout with one of the payment methods offered under this program. Please see below for more about Account Verification.
Important: Changing your bank account after signup is not currently available unless we are unable to verify your account.
When you first sign up for Discogs Payments, you will receive a notification that you are unverified. Once you get your first sale with a buyer using Discogs Payments, your account status will be verified.
If you receive a notification that your payouts have been disabled, you may need to upload a bank statement that verifies your banking details and / or a government-issued Photo ID. If necessary, this can be done by clicking the Edit Payments Account button on your seller settings page.
Sales Volume Threshold Verification
Once you have transacted $1,000 via Discogs Payments, an automated verification process is triggered using the details provided at signup. If you are not verified, you will be notified to provide information to verify your account. In most cases, this is resolved by fixing a mistyped SSN or EIN ID or by providing/reviewing a bank statement that verifies your banking details. In rare cases, sellers that have processed over $5,000 may need to provide a photo ID.
If you become unverified, please allow 1-3 days for verification to process. During this period where you are not verified, payouts to your bank account will be disabled. Once verification is confirmed, payouts will resume. If you have not been verified after 3 days, please contact Discogs support.
Why do I need to provide my social security number?
A social security number is required as a compliance measure to ensure identify and reduce the potential for fraud in the marketplace. This information is securely stored by our payments processor partner, Adyen.
What is a payout?
A payout refers to the disbursement of funds to a Seller’s bank account.
- Choose to be paid daily, semi-weekly or weekly. This can be changed at https://www.discogs.com/settings/seller/#seller-payment-form under the Payment Methods section.
- There are fees for Daily ($0.30) and Semi-weekly ($0.20) payout schedules. Weekly payouts are available at no additional charge. All payout schedules are free for those in our Platinum Seller Program.
- Please allow up to 3 business days for a payout to reach your bank account.
How to find a list of all Discogs Payments transactions
- Click the Payouts tab on your Billing Page.
What does each section on the Payouts tab mean?
- Captured transactions - Transactions that have been cleared by our payment processor. These are not yet eligible for payout, but are considered a cleared transaction. The order can be shipped. Please note that transactions paid with American Express can take longer to settle and may not be eligible for payout for 5 business days.
- Captured transactions eligible for payout - Transactions that will be paid out according to your chosen payout schedule.
- Payouts - A historical list of payouts to the seller’s bank account. Click a given payout to see the list of transactions that were included in that payout.
How do I find payout information from the order page?
Each order will have a link at the top indicating whether the payout is processed or pending to your bank account.
- Payout: Pending - This item has been paid for and is ready to ship. Payout to the Seller’s bank account is pending.
- Payout: [DATE] - The order has been included on the payout date indicated in the link (funds have been disbursed to the Seller’s bank account).
Refunds associated with credit card payments are noted in the same way as any other order! In these cases, the refund will be sent directly to the buyer as soon as the status is updated.
To process the refund, simply use the refund option under the More tab on the order page.
We don't recommend cancelling the order as this will not process the refund. If the order is cancelled, and you are unable to reset the order status, please contact Discogs staff so that we may adjust the order.
Refunds are reflected on the Payouts tab of your Billing page.