Effective March 12, 2018
The following terms and conditions apply to buyers and sellers for all Discogs.com purchases. Sellers may post additional terms and conditions to their Shipping and Payment Terms page. Buyers are required to review the seller's separate terms and conditions prior to placing an order. Both buyers and sellers are encouraged to use payment methods that provide security and protection. Failure to abide by these policies may lead to account restrictions or removal of account from Discogs.
- Seller will provide an invoice or payment instructions within a maximum of 4 days of the order being placed. Buyers will provide payment in full within a maximum of 4 days of receiving an invoice or payment instructions.
- Buyers and sellers will communicate directly with each other to resolve any and all issues via the Discogs order page, using professional and courteous language at all times.
- Seller will notify buyer of their policies, payment options, accurate shipping costs or reasonable shipping cost estimates, and any known taxes or fees prior to issuing an invoice. All seller policies and information will be clearly posted in the Shipping and Payment Terms portion of the seller's marketplace page.
- Buyer acknowledges that they have read and reviewed all of the information in the seller's Shipping and Payment Terms, and agrees to abide by these terms through the duration of their order.
- Buyer is responsible for any and all customs fees, import taxes, or other delivery-related charges once the item has been shipped.
- Seller acknowledges that item is available at the advertised price and is ready to ship on-schedule, as soon as payment has been confirmed.
- Seller will not require a minimum order value or size, or assess a surcharge based on the value or size of an order.
- Sellers are not permitted to charge buyers fees for the use of PayPal or any form of payment processing. Any handling fees should be included in the cost of shipping and must be reasonable. Buyers will only be responsible for paying the listed price of items plus shipping and shipping add-ons, such as insurance and tracking. No charges may be added as a percentage to the order total, with the exception of taxes as required by law. Asking the buyer to send a PayPal or any other payment as a "gift" or "personal payment" is not permitted.
- Sellers who are required to charge VAT on sales may not add VAT to the price of items after they are purchased in the Discogs marketplace. If Discogs is required to charge VAT on your sales fees, you are also not allowed to add this charge to the price of items after purchase.
- Seller is responsible for including correct shipping information on all packages, including clear and correct address and customs declarations (where required). Seller is responsible for fines or penalties related to incorrect customs declarations.
- By posting an active sales listing, seller confirms that all items listed for purchase are:
- Available to ship at the listed price upon payment, by seller or authorized agent.
- Available at the advertised price. Raising the price of the item after purchase, or canceling the order to relist the item at a higher price, is prohibited.
- As-advertised. The item matches the associated discography listing and has been appropriately graded using the Discogs Grading Standard.
- Seller is responsible for identifying and complying with any copyright restrictions with respect to the item’s sale. Seller must indicate any restrictions (i.e., territory) in the listing and comply with the restriction when selling the item.
Seller Default Shipping & Payment Terms
In the event that a seller does not have complete Shipping & Payment Terms available at the time of purchase, the following default policies will be applied to the account in the event of any dispute resolution between buyer and seller.
- Seller agrees to accept all returns for full repayment of item, and provide full compensation for return shipping.
- Requests for return must be filed within 21 days of the date of shipment.
- Seller will ship item(s) with tracking, registration, and insurance.
- Seller will cancel orders per buyer’s request at buyer’s preference, and will not use “Non-Paying Buyer” cancellation status for punitive purposes.
Payments & Fees
Discogs Terms of Service
All activity on Discogs is subject to the Terms of Service.
- If you accept PayPal, the following policies must be applied to all orders:
- Invoice the buyer directly through Discogs (third-party invoice systems or PayPal invoice are prohibited);
- Do not accept or solicit payment as a gift, payment as a friend, or payment directly via PayPal address;
- Do not accept or solicit additional funds as reimbursement for seller PayPal fees;
- PayPal must be offered to all regions that you ship to. It is not permissible to only allow PayPal payment from some regions, but require other regions to use a different payment method.
Prohibited Marketplace Practices
Violation of this policy by conducting any of the following activities will result in disciplinary action, including but not limited to temporary or permanent marketplace restrictions, account ban or closure, or other actions as deemed necessary by Discogs staff and management.
An order placed on Discogs must be completed through Discogs and include an official Discogs invoice. Fee Avoidance includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Canceling completed and valid orders (including orders later picked up in-person or in-shop);
- Accepting sales through the Private Message system instead of redirecting buyers to the marketplace sales listing;
- Accepting or soliciting direct payment through the Private Message system;
- Language or links on Profile pages, Sales Listings, and Item Comments that redirect buyers away from Discogs.com orders to a personal, third-party, or other commercial website.
Prohibited Items Policy
The use of Discogs.com to solicit, purchase, sell or trade any prohibited items, is strictly forbidden. This includes:
- Digital files (e.g., mp3 or FLAC files);
- Items blocked from the Discogs Marketplace;
- Items matching the Offensive Materials guideline;
- Bootlegs, counterfeits, pirate copies, or items that do not comply with usual copyright laws in the international space;
- Items that do not exactly match the Discogs database entry used to create the sales listing;
Unsolicited Advertisement or Promotion
Use of Discogs.com services for the purposes of advertising goods or services outside of the Discogs marketplace, or misuse of Discogs.com services for unsolicited promotion, cyberbullying, or other abusive activities is prohibited. Note: for information on advertising goods or services officially through Discogs, please see information about our Advertising Affiliate Programs.
Unsolicited advertisements or promotions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advertising goods or services not related to the Discogs marketplace in a public Profile, Forum thread, or Group;
- Contacting community members through the service to promote sales on third-party websites;
- Use of discography listings for the commercial promotion of artists, labels, or record companies.
Taxes, Fees and Minimum Order Requirement
The following fees, surcharges, and taxation policies are strictly prohibited:
- Charging buyers for payment processing service fees (e.g., "PayPal orders will be invoiced higher to compensate for PayPal's fees);
- Minimum order fees or minimum order requirements (e.g., “Minimum order total of €10”) are not allowed.
- Sellers required to charge a regional VAT or other tax on sales may not add the tax to the price of items after a purchase has been placed;
- If Discogs is required to charge VAT on sales fees, the seller is not allowed to add this specific VAT charge to the price of items after purchase.
Drop shipping, or mediating a sale between a supplier and buyer, is tolerated as long as this practice does not violate any of the following points:
- The seller who lists the item for sale must be the seller of record for all sales and transactions.
- The seller must identify themselves as the seller of their products on all packing slips and branding, or any other information in connection with the sale.
- The seller must be responsible for accepting and processing customer returns of their products.
- The seller must comply with all other terms of the Sales & Transaction Policy and any other applicable Discogs policies.
Furthermore, please note the following:
- All items listed for sale must be available for immediate purchase and part of a confirmed inventory.
- All purchased items must be shipped via the seller who lists the item for sale. Having a different retailer ship directly to customers is not allowed.
Failure to comply with these requirements may result in the suspension or removal of your selling privileges.