Welcome to Discogs!
If you have just completed registration (https://www.discogs.com/users/create) and are waiting for your activation code, don't worry - it will be sent to the email account you used to register in just a few minutes! Once the email arrives, open it and click on the activation link - you'll be all set!
I have checked my email and have not received an activation link.
- Check your spam or junk folders. Many email programs have very sensitive spam settings, and move the email to a junk folder.
- Make sure your email address is entered correctly in your account settings.
- If you still haven't received your activation code, please try resending your activation code. Note that you may need to wait 24-48 hours to try resending the code.
Of course you can also contact our support staff for assistance with a new activation code.
I already have a Discogs.com account, but want to activate an additional account.
If you are trying to open an additional account and have not received the activation link in your email, this likely means one or more of your prior accounts has had previous issues or violations. You will need to access that original account and review the following:
- Invoices: Under your Billing page, check to be sure you do not have any unpaid invoices. Overdue invoices will restrict the root account and prevent the activation of new accounts.
- Discogs Messages: Your account may have been restricted for not having replied to a buyer within eight days, or a separate policy violation, in which case a message will have been posted to you. Review your recent messages to be sure there are no outstanding issues.
- Support Tickets: If you have been working with Discogs staff to settle a policy concern or other site issue, non-response or non-compliance may have led to account restrictions. Follow up on any recent support tickets to be sure there are no outstanding issues.
Have a look at our Suspension Guide to understand why your other account might have been suspended.
After checking these, you are welcome to contact our support staff for assistance and account review.
Note: Discogs staff may permanently deny account activation if any linked accounts are, or have ever been, under account restrictions.
Want to stay up-to-date on Discogs news, and receive Community Tools straight to your inbox?
Update Your Notification Settings »