Discogs complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as well as various other local privacy laws, regulations and schemes worldwide. Our processes are developed and maintained with privacy by design in mind. We are a “controller” of data, as defined by the GDPR. We also work with certain “processors” in delivering our services to users (Discogs processors).
We process personal data:
- Lawfully (processing is based on a legitimate purpose, including with your explicit consent which you can manage via the many options in your account settings)
- Fairly (we only request information that is needed to provide you with our services)
The GDPR grants you specific rights:
- Right to Access - All data we collect from you can be found in your user profile by reviewing your account settings (i.e., Notification, Privacy, Buyer, Seller, etc.). You may also access your personal data and how it is used and shared by completing the Request Access of Data form in our help center.
- Right to Rectification - If you would like to update personal data that you have previously provided to us and are unable to do so through your account settings (i.e., Notification, Privacy, Buyer, Seller, etc.), then please contact us through our help center. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal data suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal data that you have provided to us.
- Right to Portability - You have a right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit those data points to another controller where our processing is based on your consent or any contract you have with us and the processing is carried out by automated means. Please use the Request Portability of Data form in the help center to request information under this right.
- Right to Erasure - You have a right to obtain erasure of the personal data you have provided to us related to your use of our services. Exercising this right will result in closure of any account you have opened and removal of any items you have listed for sale in the Marketplace. In addition, exercising this right will impact certain functionality of our services available to you online. Erasure is permanent. Please use the Request Erasure of Data form in the help center to request erasure under this right.
You can also contact us at email@example.com for specific privacy-related requests not covered by the other forms (i.e., objecting to the processing of specified data) and general privacy-related inquiries.
You always have the ability to update your privacy profile. The settings pages for your account allow you to manage the following information related to your account:
- Notification Settings: Choose how we communicate with you, including email messaging preferences.
- User Profile Settings: Change your personal information displayed in your profile, including adding, rectifying, or removing incorrect data about you, and updating your username and password.
- Privacy Settings: Set privacy preferences for your collection and wantlist, contact by other users and blocking users.
- Additional settings controls are available in the menu for Collection, Applications, Developers, Buyer, Seller, and Labs.