Terms of Service Updates:
- Acknowledgment and Acceptance of Terms of Service
- We have clarified that you must have reached the minimum age of consent in your jurisdiction in order to use our services. In the U.S., the minimum age is 13. In other countries, the minimum age may be 16, 18, 21...
- Description of Service
- We have added information about our Shipping Labels Terms of Service (this service has limited availability at this time).
- We have added information about our Discogs Payments Policy (this service has limited availability at this time).
- Licensing of User Content
- This section is NEW. It explains that users provide a license to us to use and display the content that you contribute to the site. The database doesn't exist without your submissions and contributions and we want to ensure that we don't lose the ability to use that content.
- This section is NEW. It explains that the Terms of Service are subject to the laws of Oregon, United States, the location of our headquarters.
- Data Controller
- This section is NEW. It explains that we are a data controller as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and provides additional information about us.
- Data Protection Officer
- This section is NEW. It provides information about our Data Protection Officer as required by the GDPR.
- Collection of Personal Information
- We have added more detail about our collection, including with respect to new services that we offer.
- Information We store when You access the Services
- We have added additional information about our data retention practices.
- We use the Personal Information We collect to
- We have clarified that we do not participate in any automated decision making or profiling.
- We have added additional information about certain parties to which we disclose data, including our processors and affiliates.
- Limiting the Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- We have added additional information about our security measures and technologies used to protect your information.
- Personally-Identifiable Information Submitted by Children
- We have clarified that the services are not intended for use by minors, the age of which are determined by each user's country of residence.
- Notification Preferences
- We have added information about user settings and how to update notification and other preferences within those settings.
- Your Right to Access, Alter, or Erase Your Personal Information
- We have expanded this section to more specifically address your rights under the GDPR and provide information on how to exercise those rights.
- Your Portability Rights
- This section is NEW. It provides information about your right to take data with you and how to exercise that right.
- This section has been expanded to include contact information for our Data Protection Officer and our lead supervisory authority under the GDPR.
Cookie and Internet Advertising Policy Updates:
- What are cookies?
- We have added information about persistent and session cookies.
- We have added information about the use of our own cookies as well as third party cookies on our sites.
- Internet Advertising
- This section is NEW. It explains how we use tracking technologies to display internet-based advertising.
- Advertising Preferences
- This section is NEW. It provides information on modifying your browser settings with respect to cookies.
Remember, you have the final say about whether and how we process your personal data.