From time to time, you may need to cancel an order which you have received. In general, we encourage you to use the Send Refund feature rather than cancel, but if you do need to cancel, here are the steps you need to follow.
With the new PayPal Payments solution, orders arrive directly as Payment Received. If the order needs to be cancelled for any reason, sellers will need to issue a refund to the buyer before the cancellation. In this way, the fees and taxes applied to the order will be automatically refunded in the seller's PayPal account. The Send Refund option on the order page will be not available after an order is cancelled. For more information on how to issue a refund, review our separate help document: How Do I Refund An Order?
Note: When the order status shows “Payment Pending”, sellers should check the payment status in their PayPal account. For more information about the pending status, please visit the article Why Does Discogs Show "Payment Pending" On My Order?. If you want to cancel the order, please contact PayPal to verify the current payment status.
Orders can be cancelled via the order page using the button Cancel on the top menu
From the Marketplace drop-down menu, click on Orders, under "Sell Music".
- Click on the link to the order number you want to cancel.
- On the Order page, click the “Cancel” button located at the top of the order page.
- Select the appropriate cancellation option and submit the pop-up.
- Leave the buyer a message explaining why the order was cancelled.
What are my cancellation options?
As a seller, you have three options for how to cancel an order: Non-Paying Buyer, Item Unavailable and Per Buyer's Request.
For more information on the various order cancellation types and how to properly use them, please review our separate help document: Types Of Order Cancellations.
How can I re-list an item after I cancel an order?
You can re-list items from either your Inventory Management page or directly from the order page.
- From the Inventory Management page, check the box next to the item you want to re-list, and then click "Mark for Sale".
- From the order page, you can re-list items once the order is cancelled. From the order page, check the box next to the item, and then click "Relist item(s) For Sale". If the cancelled order included multiple items and you want to re-list all of them, simply check the top "Select All" box and then click "Relist item(s) For Sale".
Note: You will not be able to re-list an item from an order that was cancelled as "Item Unavailable".
How do I note a refund on the order page?
Sometimes it will be necessary for a seller to provide a partial or full refund for an order. For more information about the refund process please have a look at How do I Refund an Order?
Note: Sellers must have enough balance in their PayPal account to issue a refund. Previously, PayPal would withdraw enough from the seller’s funding source to cover a refund. Now, sellers will need enough balance to cover a refund.