Discogs is not able to provide refunds for orders. Sellers are expected to work with buyers professionally and courteously to provide a solution in accordance with their Seller Terms and our Sales & Transactions Policy.
If you feel you should receive a refund, please follow these steps:
- Contact the seller by leaving a polite and clear message on the order page indicating your concerns about the item, and asking the seller to provide a resolution for you:
- When you agree on a refund together with the seller, they should provide this refund through the payment method used for the initial transaction.
- Please note that sellers can require the item to be returned before sending a refund. Should this be the case, we advise to find an agreement regarding the return shipping cost.
- Once the refund is sent through the payment provider, the seller can adjust the Discogs sales fees by marking the order as refunded. Please confirm this refund on the order page.
- If the seller does not respond within four days and there are concerns about the process of resolution, please click the blue "Seller not responding?" link under the message box on the order page. When this is done an automated message will be sent to the seller notifying them that a response is needed. If a response is not given, the seller's account will be suspended until the issue is resolved.
- If the seller does not provide a refund or respond, we do advise buyers to contact their payment provider (PayPal, credit card, bank, etc) to file a refund request. If you are located in the U.S. and have used Discogs Payments, please contact our support team.
Discogs does not handle financial transactions between buyers and sellers (unless you’re located in the US and have used Discogs Payments) and, therefore, is unable to process or initiate a refund. If the issue doesn’t get resolved, it will be up to you to contact your payment provider within their deadline for doing so.
When all of these steps have been attempted or followed but you still need advice, please contact Discogs staff through a support request.
Want to stay up-to-date on Discogs news, and receive Community Tools straight to your inbox?
Update Your Notification Settings »