The Bulk Upload feature allows sellers to easily manage large inventories. This feature allows the use of a .csv file, which can be downloaded directly from our export feature. Sellers have the ability to Add new listings, Change listing details, or Delete listing details, for all items in the exported inventory file.
Important: All inventory items will default to "For Sale" status once your inventory has been uploaded. Make sure you delete all "Sold" items from your inventory before uploading the file.
Note: Our new Quantity feature allows you to list multiple copies of the same release at once. To read more about this feature please visit How To Sell Music On Discogs.
To export your inventory:
- Under the Marketplace drop-down menu, open the Inventory page.
- Select the Export CSV button located at the bottom of the page.
- Select Marketplace Inventory on the Export Data page, and click Request Data Export.
- Download, then open the .csv file using your preferred program (eg, Excel, Numbers, OpenOffice, or a similar program).
To import the .csv file and make changes:
- Make desired changes to file (deleting items sold elsewhere, updating prices, adding additional items, and so on).
- Save As "yourfilename.csv" (without the quotes).
- From the Inventory page, click on the Bulk Upload button at the bottom of the page.
- On the Bulk Upload page, select whether you would like to use this file to Add new listings, Change listings, or Delete the listings on the file.
- Add new listing will take all of the items from your .csv file and add them as new sales listings. This includes any item listed as Draft, so please be sure to remove any Draft items you don't want to list for sale.
- Change listing details will compare the .csv file with your current inventory, and make updates to your Discogs inventory based on the differences. Any Draft listing specified in your upload file will be marked For Sale.
- Delete listings will remove any items listed in the .csv file from your inventory.
- Upload the .csv file.
Please note: In order for your upload to work, the .csv file needs to match the exact formatting as it was exported. This means you cannot rearrange the columns of the .csv file, or remove or add new columns.