The Community Guidelines apply to the Forum, Groups, private messages, comments, reviews, and all other areas of the site.
What kind of behavior is expected at Discogs?
- Please be helpful and polite.
- Be kind to new users; we were all new once.
- Stay on topic and post messages in the appropriate forum or group.
- Report inappropriate comments.
- Respect intellectual property rights.
What kind of behavior is unacceptable?
- Rudeness and belittling language are not okay.
- Don’t start a flame war or publicly name and shame another user.
- Don’t post private messages publicly.
- Don’t impersonate another user.
- Don’t vandalize a thread by employing excessive communication in order to disrupt the conversation or annoy other users.
- Don’t post spam anywhere but the Spam Group.
- Don’t harass or threaten other users, people, groups, or engage in hate speech.
- Don’t post or share anything illegal, libelous, or that otherwise creates liability or violates any local, state, national, or international law.
- Don’t upload, post, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
If your account is found to be in violation of one or more of these guidelines, your account will be subject to disciplinary action at staff discretion, consisting of minimum one day (24 hour) suspension from the forums. Suspension may be longer, depending on the severity of the infraction.
Discogs retains the right to delete any message for any reason. These guidelines are subject to change at any time.
Want to stay up-to-date on Discogs news, and receive Community Tools straight to your inbox?
Update Your Notification Settings »