Currently there are two different checkout processes for the buyer on Discogs, depending on which payment methods you accept as a seller. The following document explains possible steps for both types of sellers. You can read more about our new PayPal Payments solution for sellers here.
That went quite fast, right? We hope you’re happy to see that orders are coming in and would like to share some tips for smooth processing!
Whenever an order is placed, the buyer is able to send payment at the same moment. Once that has happened, as a seller you should:
- Use the order page to communicate with the buyer and discuss any questions you or the buyer might have.
- In some cases, the buyer might not pay directly at the checkout. They will, however, receive a reminder to pay within 4 days.
- Any communication and/or order status update should be handled within 4 days maximum. This is part of our Sales & Transaction Policy.
- If not indicated otherwise in your seller terms, orders should be shipped out within 4 days of payment being received.
- If needed, use the green button below the order table to update the order status.
- Remember that when a buyer sends payment, the order page status will automatically update to Payment Pending. Please don’t use the Payment Pending status manually.
- You can use the Print button to download and print a commercial receipt for the order that also includes tax information. Please know that sellers shipping internationally are advised to always include the commercial receipt on their packages. More information here.
- Leave feedback for the buyer when they have completed their end of the transaction.
Communicating via the order page also allows a single verifiable reference of what's happened with the order should you need our help.
Want to stay up-to-date on Discogs news, and receive Community Tools straight to your inbox?
Update Your Notification Settings »