That went quite fast, right? We’re happy that orders start coming in and would like to share some tips for a smooth processing!
Whenever an order is placed, Discogs will send both the buyer and seller an email with the details of the order. Once that has happened, as a seller you should:
- Go check the order to see if the correct shipping cost has been added. If the shipping cost is not correct, and the buyer has not paid yet, you can change the cost by clicking on the blue “Edit” button next to the shipping cost:
- Use the order page to communicate with the buyer and discuss any questions you or the buyer might have.
- Any communication and/or order status update should be handled within 4 days maximum. This is part of our Sales & Transaction Policy.
- Use the green button below the order table to update the order status as needed.
- Remember that buyers will only be able to checkout for payment via the order page if the order status is on Invoice Sent. Please don’t use the Payment Pending status manually.
- Leave feedback for the buyer once they have received their order and any issues or concerns have been resolved.
Communicating via the order page also allows a single verifiable reference of what's happened with the order should you need our help.
Want to stay up-to-date on Discogs news, and receive Community Tools straight to your inbox?
Update Your Notification Settings »