Account security and data protection are very important for us and we want you to keep your information safe when you use our Community. In this article we will show you some useful tips to keep your account and your transactions safe.
To keep your account safe, please follow the next steps:
- Use a strong and unique password. We suggest you change your password frequently as well.
- Don’t share the account with anybody.
- Activate the security feature Two Factor Authentication.
- Use different passwords for multiple accounts.
- Avoid phishing attempts and scam online.
In case you suspect that your account has been hacked, please read the following article What Can I Do If My Account Has Been Compromised?
Payment & Shipping
Sellers and buyers have different payment and shipping methods available for their transactions and it is important to know which one is safe and offers protection.
- Use and offer a safe payment method. Buyers should use only payment methods offered by the sellers and payments should be done using the Marketplace.
- Use a method that offers protection for sellers and buyers. For more information about the PayPal protection program, please visit the PayPal support page.
- Don’t share bank details with anybody. Payment account information should not be posted on the order page or sent by private message.
- We recommend using track and trace to ship your items and, when possible, select a shipping method that offers insurance. Buyers can ask for more information about shipping methods offered to their sellers if these are not indicated in their Seller Terms.
Note: paying outside Discogs will not give the guarantee of a payment protection. This is also considered a violation of our Sales & Transaction Policy and will result in disciplinary action. For any further questions you can submit a request.