Account security and data protection are very important to us. We want you to keep your information safe when you interact with our Community. In this article, we will share some useful tips to keep your account and your transactions safe.
To keep your account safe, please take the following steps:
- Use a strong and unique password. We suggest you change your password frequently as well.
- Don’t share your account with anybody.
- Activate Two Factor Authentication.
- Use different passwords for multiple accounts.
- Be mindful of phishing attempts and online scam.
If you suspect that your account has been hacked, please read the following article What Can I Do If My Account Has Been Compromised?
Payment & Shipping
Sellers and buyers have different payment and shipping methods available for their transactions. It's important to know which ones are safe and offer the most protection.
- Use and offer a safe payment method. Buyers should only use payment methods offered by the seller, and payments should be done using the Discogs Marketplace. This will offer you more protection in case of a dispute. For more information about payment methods, please visit our PayPal Payments Solution FAQ and PayPal’s support page for information on PayPal’s protection program.
- Do not share bank details with anybody. Account information should not be posted on the order page or sent by private message.
- We recommend using track and trace to ship your items and, when possible, select a shipping method that offers insurance. Be sure to check the tracking number when it's provided. Buyers can ask for more information about shipping methods offered by their sellers if these are not indicated in their Seller Terms.
Note: Paying outside Discogs forfeits the guarantee of payment protection. This is also considered a violation of our Buyer Policy and will result in disciplinary action. For any further questions, please submit a request.