Effective date: June 7, 2023
Discogs is committed to ensuring a safe and trusted marketplace for you to discover, buy, and sell music. If you believe that your account has been compromised or hacked, please follow the steps below:
- Log out of all open sessions. This includes your desktop and mobile browsers, as well as the Discogs app.
- Change your password using a strong and unique string of letters, numbers, and symbols. Don’t share your new account data with anyone.
- Secure your login process by activating two-factor authentication.
- Review your PayPal address and your accounts linked to Discogs. Please visit the PayPal support page to know how to report possible identity theft to PayPal.
- Check with your financial institutions, such as your bank or credit card company. They should have protection systems in place and will explain to you how to proceed.
- If you are a seller:
- Report the situation to Discogs Support.
If you need further assistance with any of the steps above, please contact us.