- Have the exact release in front of you when entering it to the database.
- Only enter or change information that you can cite a trustworthy source for (stick to provable facts!).
- Make sure that all the artist and labels you enter link to the correct page.
- Use the search to find artist name variations, and use the ANV function to link them up.
- Capitalize the first letter of every word in names and titles.
- Follow the Quick Start Guide For New Contributors for your first few submissions.
- Refer to the full guidelines (below) for anything you are not sure of.
- Ask in the help forum if you get stuck, and be polite and friendly to others.
Overview Of General Information
- General Rules
- Label / Catalog
- Barcode And Other Identifiers
- Format (also see the Formats List)
- Release Date
- Genres / Styles
- Credits (also see the Credits List)
- Release Notes
- Updating A Release
- Remove Release
- Master Release
- Merge Release
- Updating An Artist Profile
- Updating A Label Profile
- Voting Guidelines
- Contributor Improvement Program (CIP)