Using Discogs to list the releases you have in your Collection is one of the main features of Discogs.
To add a release to your collection, you’ll first need to find a release you own in the Discogs Database by using the search box. You can also browse an artist or label page to find the release you are looking for.
Open the release page (make sure it is the release, and not the Master Release, which has "/master/" in the URL and a list of two or more versions of the release on the page). To verify your item is the exact same as the item on the release page, you can check the catalog number, images and other identifiers.
On the right-hand side of the page, click the ‘Add To Collection’ button
You’ll see a green box appear telling you that you have added the release to your Collection.
You can edit the condition of the media and the sleeve, add notes specific to this release and add the release to a custom folder by using this green box. You can always return to the release page at a later time to edit the information in the green box. Alternatively, you can update condition and add custom notes directly from your collection page, as seen below.
To view your Collection, click the collection tab on your dashboard or use the drop-down menu next to your profile picture at the top-right corner of the page. Then select Collection.
- Use the search box to search in your collection.
- Use the filter options easily narrow down releases by decade, format, genre, style, or your custom folders.
- Wondering what music to play next? Click the die symbol to see a randomly selected item in your collection.
- Want to adjust your collection settings? Click the gear symbol to manage custom fields and fields or export a CSV spreadsheet of your collection.
- You can sort your collection by clicking on the headers (Artist, Title, Label, Catalog Number, Format, Year, Rating or Date Added).
Regardless of which option you choose, you will see the estimated value of your collection, based on the last 10 sales on Discogs, using the Marketplace Sales History. Items for which no sales history is available are not included in the estimated value. Please keep in mind that the estimated value of your collection is only an approximate calculation. The exact value depends on many variables.
To remove a release from your Collection, just go to the release page and click "remove" in the green box. Alternatively, you can go to your Collection page and tick the box on the left-hand side of the release you want to remove, then go to the bottom of the page and click the "Delete" button.
That’s all there is to it! You're on your way to cataloging all the music you own!