How To Search In The Database When Using The Discogs Android App
Looking for a specific item in the Discogs Database? We’ve created this document to explain two different ways of searching in the database while using the Discogs Android App.
- Magnifier Icon on the top right corner of every app page:
- The magnifier icon is present on all App pages - this means that you will never miss it!
- This feature is called Explorer and will open the search bar on top of the page.
- Once tapped, the barcode scanner will appear as well: It’s the little barcode icon that you can tap to activate the camera of your phone.
Your screen will then show a square where you can focus on the barcode you want to search for. The App will detect the barcode and give you the corresponding results.
Note: Not all releases in the Database have had barcodes added, so you will not always necessarily find the results you’re looking for.
- Explorer feature in the left side menu:
- Whenever you tap on the Explorer feature from the left side menu, you will be shown our general explore page.
To search from here, type in the search bar and tap the magnifier icon on your keyboard to start searching.
Both ways of searching - via the Explore page or directly tapping on the Magnifier Icon - will lead to multiple results. For an optimal search, we would recommend further filtering and sorting your results. This is how it works:
- To filter the results and look for a specific item, tap the following segments under the search bar:
Filters: Type, Format, Genre, Style, Country, Year and also add multiple Filters. Tap on Apply and the search will be filtered for you.
- You can also sort your search results by Relevance, Trending, Most Collected, Most Wanted, Title and Latest Additions.
Sorting: Relevance, Trending, Most Collected, Title and Latest Additions.
Once you found what you were looking for, simply tap on the result you would like to view and you will be redirected to that specific page.
To go back, use the back icon of your phone and you’ll get back to the search page.
Collection and Wantlist icons
You might have noticed some symbols on the cover of items: This is to show you which items are already in our Collection (Collection icon) or which items have already been added to your Wantlist (the "eye" for the items you are looking for):
Ready to find all the hidden gems? Let us know if we can help in any way! 💎