The Collection Notes can be customized at discogs.com/settings/collection. This allows you to fully alter the fields to your requirements.
- Position - allows you to choose in what order the fields appear.
- Field Name - lets you give it a description.
- Public - lets you select what (if any) fields you would like other users to see (please see below for restrictions for publicly viewable notes). This affects every release your notes appear on (unlike the wantlist notes).
- Type - can be either a dropdown, or free text.
- Options - will allow you to either define the dropdown menu list, or how many lines appear for the text area entry.
- Remove - lets you delete a field. Use this carefully, it will delete all your information in this field on all your releases - this cannot be undone!
The [Save Fields] button lets you save any changes you make.
The [Add a Field] button lets you create a new field. Please be aware that if you have a lot of fields, it may stretch the site horizontally on your Collection page.
The Wantlist Notes field is not customizable.
Private notes can be used for anything you like. Public notes can be used for most things, but should not be used for circumventing the marketplace, or advertising of marketplace sales. Also, please avoid abusive use of public notes, following the same guidelines as for the groups and forums.
Want to stay up-to-date on Discogs news, and receive Community Tools straight to your inbox?
Update Your Notification Settings »